- Who We Are
- Get Help
- Supports and Services
- Budgeting Workbook
- Housing Resources
- National Resources
- Partners In Justice
- Social Security Resources
- State Resources
- Support for Crime Victims
- The Arc Answers
- Get Involved
- Donate Now
First In Families
First In Families of Southeastern NC (serving New Hanover, Brunswick, and Pender Counties) is a family support initiative operated by a family/consumer management team, providing supports to families in New Hanover, Brunswick, and Pender counties.
- We promote and practice customer leadership.
- Since we believe that people with disabilities are the experts in what they need, our statewide and local boards are comprised of a majority of people with disabilities and their family members.
- We believe that people with disabilities and their families are very knowledgeable, and have much to contribute to society. However, they are often viewed by society as needy and sad.
- We have seen that often a small amount of the right support makes the difference between a satisfying and self-determined life or one of mere survival.
- People with disabilities and their families should have the right to make independent choices and decisions about their lives
- Service delivery systems should be customer focused, flexible and incorporate the principles of self-determination
- Service delivery systems should be responsive and sensitive to the particular needs of the individuals with disabilities and/or their families
For more information about First In Families of Southeastern NC please contact:
5041 New Center Drive, Suite 100
Wilmington, NC 28403
To get more information about FIF and to locate other First in Families sites in North Carolina, please visit First In Families of North Carolina .