Resource Advocacy (Community Navigator)
Resource Advocates provide advocacy and education, assistance with developing plans, and help link people to services they need in the community.
The Arc provides advocacy and education for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and assists them in locating resources, navigating systems of support and making community connections.
Here are some of the ways The Arc of NC can help connect the dots:
- Accessing services
- Housing and transportation
- Financial planning and assistance
- Various sources of benefits
- Information regarding legal help
- Information on guardianship and alternatives
- Opportunities to meet people and build relationships
- School meetings/IEPs
- Finding community activities and volunteer placement
- Creating relationships
- Problem solving
When supported, individuals will learn to better:
- Promote self-determination
- Increase independence
- Interact with and contribute to your community
A Community Navigator can be your guide! To qualify for this service, an individual must qualify for Medicaid and have an I/DD diagnosis.
Find out more by calling The Arc of NC: 919-782-4632