Supported Employment is a good business decision for employers and an empowering personal decision for individuals.
The Arc of NC helps connect employment opportunities for adults with disabilities.
This process, with the support of a trained Employment Specialist, involves matching the right person with the right job by:
- Job Development
- Job Coaching
- Long-term support
What is the Return on Investment (ROI) for employers? What this program offers for employers has many advantages for their businesses.
- Dedicated and loyal employees
- Reduced turnover rates
- Pre-screening of job candidates
- Access to an untapped and underutilized labor pool
- Individualized training at no expense
- Ongoing support and follow-up
- Assistance with Equal Opportunities employment practices and Americans with Disabilities Act issues
- Tax credits
Five Good Reasons why Employers Should Hire Someone with a Disability
There are many reasons why employers should consider hiring someone with a disability. People with disabilities have the same wants, needs and desires as anyone else, and many of those desires include being employed.
- Finding talented people with disabilities is getting easier all the time
- It’s responsive to government guidelines and broader employment trends toward more inclusive workplaces
- It benefits the bottom line for a business
- Hiring people with disabilities improves corporate culture
- People with disabilities represent a talented, untapped labor market