We want to bring you the latest information that we have regarding the launch of the new Tailored Plan for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
If you are a person with IDD, you will receive a letter on or during the week of August 15th from the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services - Division of Health Benefits about changes in services.
Once you receive the letter, please do not throw it away!
On December 1, 2022, your managed care organization (Alliance, Eastpointe, Partners, Sandhills, Trillium, or Vaya) will become your Tailored Plan. They will manage some Medicaid and state funded health and medical services for you and many other people with disabilities. This is a change that was put in place by the North Carolina legislature so the state can have better control over Medicaid costs and try to help improve people's health. This is why the change is happening.
The letter you will receive from the state can be very confusing. We are here to help you understand the changes. Here are the basics that you need to understand about the letter.
- Your Tailored Plan is the managed care organization where you currently receive services. You cannot “un-enroll” from your Tailored Plan.
- You will be asked to choose a doctor in the Tailored Plan's network.
- You will be asked to choose a Tailored Care Management provider in the Tailored Plan's network.
- You can also choose to NOT have a Tailored Care Management provider.
- A care manager will help coordinate your services and connect you to other resources you might need.
- A list of doctors and care management providers will be available on the Tailored Plan's website, and you can choose from those options.
- You will need to make your choices before October 14th, so don't feel that you have to make these choices right away. You can also change your choices later.
We know that you have a lot of questions and concerns about the Tailored Plan launch and we are ready to help you! Send your questions to https://thearcofnorthcarolina.formstack.com/forms/medicaid_transformation_questions